13 Social Media Moves to Make in 2013 – Part 2
The final six of our social media countdown!
6. Conversations are two-way – putting content out there is a must, but responding to people and other brands is just as important. Whenever someone comments or responds to a post from your brand, keep the dialogue running – and same goes for content posted by other brands. Good customer service online means not just talking at people, it’s talking with them.
5. Being popular is hard work – setting up a social media account is free, and yes – anyone can do it. But that’s not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to being marketing savvy on social media platforms. The investment here is your time – be prepared to put in the time to learn how best to use social media to your advantage, then once the momentum has built it will be easier to maintain. The first steps though, will take time and creativity – be ready for it. If you don’t have this time, it can be a worthwhile investment to contract the work to those who know how.
4. Track your results – if you are going to invest the time and effort, make sure you are tracking your progress. Use reporting available through the social media platforms you are on, as well as your website analytics, Google searches and offline feedback to calculate how your online presence is tracking. It’s time to see a return on that investment!
3. Be loud and proud – being true to your brand is a must, and for some that might mean being modest – or a quiet achiever. That’s great, but you still need to communicate to your audience what you’ve done and are capable of doing – mainly just because they want to know. Without your clients/audience, you don’t have a brand – so if they want to be assured that your staff are the best for the job, or that your organisation is serious about supporting their community – be nice, let them know.
2. Let’s get integrated – social media will not make your brand a success on its lonesome, it needs some help. Integrating your social media with your online and offline marketing will produce the best results across the board. Not only will it strengthen your brand awareness, it also gives you the opportunity to connect with your audience on multiple levels – deepening the engagement and keeping you top of mind.
1. You can’t break it – as long as you don’t create content that’s completely idiotic, have a good play with your social media platforms. Don’t be afraid to try out every function, setting and experiment you can think of – it’s not like you’re going to break it!