The art of networking is a vital skill to possess, to increase potential clients, suppliers or employees. Whether the goal is to grow your business or enrich your personal life, networking is invaluable.
Why is networking valuable?
- Builds your visibility so people know who you are.
- New opportunities may arise.
- Enables you to build alliances and relationships
- Building your knowledge power by having inside information.
Some ideas to become a master in networking skills:
- If opportunity doesn’t come knocking, build a door. Go to social events, promotional events, meetings, community and business functions and working groups.
- Don’t be shy; introduce yourself to at least 3 new people at a networking event. Be sure to get their business card so you can follow up on LinkedIn or with an email.
- Mingle with local leaders, managers and business owners – Learn from the best!
Improving your networking skills will increase your ability to build and sustain business relationships. Networking in the wider community has become an essential tool for success in today’s business environment. Be sure to get involved in community events and build on your networking skills. You never know who you might meet and what opportunities may arise for you. Visit the following websites for all the upcoming community events: