The Game Plan
You’re feeling confused, stressed out of your mind & just down right overwhelmed in every aspect of your life right now. The good news is, it’s one of those EXCEPTIONALLY rare cases where you can bet that the majority of the world are feeling it too. It’s weird. Very weird.
We’re here to tell you that this is normal, but we also want to give you some guidance for your next moves for your business. Okay team – Let’s talk THE GAME PLAN.
Take a moment to listen, think & plan. This isn’t the time to make irrational decisions, or to make compromises that you know you would have never made for your business, if it were not for this situation. Now more than ever, you need to make sure that your game plan is clear.
1. Take a moment – Grab an old-fashioned pen & paper and jot down your ideas. You have probably thought of a multitude by now, but you’re not sure which ones to action. If you don’t write them down, they will continue to rush around your mind, and you are guaranteed to feel overwhelmed.
2. Your customers – Think about your customers and consider what they are going through at this time. This will allow you to better view the path that your business needs to take & the messaging that you will use to communicate with your audience.
3. Thoughts Review – With your ideas written on paper in front of you, it is easier to assess their potential as being a viable option for the business at this point in time. Do your ideas come together as one game plan? Are they meshing or are they pulling you in different directions? It is just as important to decide what NOT to do, as it is to decide what ideas to follow. For example, if you are pushing 5 different messages to your audience at the one time with no clear direction, it is highly likely that your audience will switch off.
4. Internal Critique – Talk to your team. Chances are, your team will already have some great ideas! Bounce your ideas among your team and involve them where possible, they will all have different perspectives. This will in turn have a positive impact on the team, they will feel heard in a time where they too are feeling anxious.
5. External Critique – Talk to the experts. No one knows your business like you do, it’s your world after all. However, this does mean that there is a chance you may be overlooking how THE OUTSIDE will view your messaging. It’s important to run your ideas past a professional that will be able to objectively assess your ideas and direction & it’s potential for success.
We’re currently navigating unchartered waters in business and in life. It is important to create a Game Plan for NOW, but ensure that it compliments and links back to your original ‘big plan’ for your business in the FUTURE.
During the great recession of 2008 to 2009, start-ups such as Uber, Airbnb, Pinterest & WhatsApp Inc were founded! During this time, your business may establish it’s BEST ideas, but it all will rely on your well-thought out & clear – Game Plan.